OMG text processing performance 6.7 - 9.5

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Tue Feb 4 13:43:22 EST 2020

J. Landman Gay wrote:
> On 2/3/20 2:19 PM, hh via use-livecode wrote:
>> Parse1 is here always at least 30% faster than Parse2.
>
> I'm seeing the same thing, only more so. I searched for "the" in a 424K
> text file:
>
> parse1 = 11 ms
> parse2 = 111 ms

Hmmm....  It may be that Mark Waddingham was wrong in the guidance he
gave earlier about Unicode vs memcopy, but I wonder if there may be
something else here.

Were you using the same text I tested with, the Gutenberg text file for
"Call of the Wild"?

https://www.gutenberg.org/files/215/215-0.txt

--
  Richard Gaskin