directory tree -> array

Alex Tweedly alex at tweedly.net
Tue Feb 4 11:58:57 EST 2020

Hi Bob.

I have a couple of other suggestions (driven by my paranoia :-)

1. There is a problem with passing empty for 'whatfolder'

Currently, if you pass in an empty folder, it  returns very misleading
results - the files in the current directory when the function is
called, plus the folders at the top level, with their files and subfolders.

Depending on how you want to interpret that case, you could EITHER

a. add a line something like

if whatFolder is empty then put "." into whatFolder

to the start of 'directorylisting'

OR

b. change

set the directory to whatfolder

set the directory to (whatfolder&"/")

before getting the files listing.

2. in directoryListingToArray

       replace tRoot with empty in tPath

Hmmm - that's not safe - the string tRoot *could* occur multiple times
within the filename.

Since all lines should (must) begin with tRoot, you could simply delete
the first N characters of each line.

Alex.