Server error? SOLVED

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Dec 31 06:30:37 EST 2020

On 2020-12-31 11:08, Klaus major-k via use-livecode wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> we could finally solve the problem by copying the revsecurity.dll from
> LC 9 to the LC 5.x runtime folder! 8-)
>
> I really had no idea that they were compatible!?
>
> Nevertheless I will write to the mothership next week, just to get to
> know why everythings works fine in the IDE but not in a runtime.

The IDE loads different DLLs from those it includes in standalones. So
there is a revsecurity.dll (near/next to) the IDE engine on Windows, and
also one in the Runtime/Windows... folder. The latter is copied into
standalones, the former is only used by the IDE.

It suggests that you have previously copied a newer DLL over the one
near the IDE engine - so it works in the IDE... Then when you copied the
same DLL into the runtime folder, it then works in standalones too.

The DLLs from newer versions aren't guaranteed to be compatible with
older versions - in the specific case of revsecurity it depends on
whether OpenSSL has changed its API in a way which causes an
incompatibility but it hasn't done this very often (fortunately in this
case, it would seem!).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps