Livecode server configuration: tracking down and Apache redirect

David Bovill david.bovill at gmail.com
Sun Dec 20 05:36:53 EST 2020

Thanks for the tips Richard:
On 18 Dec 2020, 21:05 +0000, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>, wrote:
> David Bovill wrote:
>
> > I have a Livecode server running Revigniter under Apache on Ubuntu. I
> > installed it 8 years ago or so, and it is causing redirect problems
> > with files ending in .json. I am assuming that a long time ago a set
> > the configuration somewhere to handle .json files in a particular way,
> > but I can’t track this down. Any thoughts where to look?
>
> Is the redirect a 301, 302, or something else?

The server return 400 Not Found when routing for a *.json file, while 200 OK when routing for a *.txt file - all other conditions seem the same.

If I replace “json” with “json” or “xyz” or any arbitrary txt in the (Revigniter) routing everything works as expected. The .htaccess in the $DOCUMENT_ROOT folder does not mention json file endings.

I suspect there is another file somewhere doing the Apache based redirect?
> Is the returntype appropriate for JSON?

Yes
> Do you see the problem when access from an LC client, a browser, or both?

Both
> > I’m wondering if there is some sort of log that would allow me to know
> > how Apache is handling a faulty redirect? I’m a bit stuck tracking it
> > down.
>
> The Apache logs are at:
> /var/log/apache2/access.log
> /var/log/apache2/error.log

I can’t see information there that will help debug.