Encrypting Stack Breaks Field References

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Mon Dec 14 02:23:40 EST 2020

On 2020-12-14 06:03, J. Landman Gay via use-livecode wrote:
> On 12/13/20 6:02 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>
>> Copying objects is disallowed in an encrypted stack, since of course
>> once an object is copied it could be pasted into an unencrypted stack,
>> and thus expose the source.
>
> Except, copying via script using "copy x to y" doesn't involve the
> clipboard. I think this could be categorized as a bug, the original
> script should work.

Its not the copy that will be failing - but the create. In general you
can't do anything to an encrypted stack which might cause a script to
move from where its encrypted to somewhere else or vice-versa. (The
reason create is disallowed is that you could create a new script via
setting props of the template object).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps