CentOS Death in 2021

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sun Dec 13 20:15:14 EST 2020

On 12/13/20 4:20 PM, Pi Digital via use-livecode wrote:
> Thanks all. These insights are useful. Hery’s explanation of their choice to move to Debian provides a good argument. I had just tried Ubuntu 20.04 in a parallels virtual machine and my server app worked ok. I will try a Debian build too. I wonder why LC don’t state support for later Ubuntu, Fedora or Debian builds?

Because the team builds the engine on an Ubuntu 16 machine and so
doesn't want to say they support anything later.

The build process is broken on later versions. I submitted a PR to fix
this (it works here) but apparently it doesn't fix things the "right"
way, so...

And note that we are coming up on the end of Ubuntu 16.04 LTS support on
30 April 2021.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com