return "error" code from standalone compile

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Sat Dec 12 12:37:17 EST 2020

On 12/11/20 3:36 PM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:

> The bigger problem with these sorts of issues is how the public web site
> becomes so different from the ones we have installed.

Agreed. I think I wasn't even much aware that an online dictionary existed.

I was about to post that I don't see why updating the web version when
there's a new release was a problem, but then I looked at the page
source of the web dictionary. While the local dictionary that opens in a
browser is clean easy-to-read-and-understand html, the web site is a mess.

It's 90% css and the other half is ad-tracking analytics.
Easy to see why it's not maintained.

Don't believe everything you read on the web.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com