Will Browser widget ever work on Linux?

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Dec 10 16:50:03 EST 2020

Thanks for all the inputs gentlemen....

I agree on the need for cross platform embedded browser support.

Will LC use another embedded browser for the mac?

So I guess there are more questions than answers here in terms of a 3
platform solution.

I have my first ssd sitting in the box, and once i install it i will try
not to take it for granted when judging the "performance" of my work.

Cheers,

Tom

On Wed, Dec 9, 2020 at 12:15 PM Mark Wieder via use-livecode <

> On 12/9/20 8:40 AM, Curry Kenworthy via use-livecode wrote:
>
> > Yep, it actually feels great to be a Windows-first LiveCoder.
>
> I'm not gonna get sucked into religious wars here... <g>
>
> > Like the field, embedded Browser is a way to
> > deliver and display so many different kinds of content that it should be
> > considered a foundational part of LC. Can't afford to let it slip.
>
> Yep. So... browser support on linux?
>
> > Now that I have an SSD, the LC script editor troubles are a thing of the
> > past too. LC simply made the mistake of designing broadly-used software
> > on high-end hardware, so it wasn't a great design, especially for the
> > masses. (Strange because that's usually a beginner's mistake.)
>
> When I worked at Apple I was always the guy who wanted to use the older
> hardware while everyone else was jumping for the latest models because I
> was dead set on finding compatibility bugs. My favorite discovery was
> uncovering a bug in the MPW C compiler because it had only previously
> been tested on the latest shiny new hardware.
>
> --
>   Mark Wieder
>   ahsoftware at gmail.com

Tom Glod