Printing To Pdf Linux Rendering

Sean Cole (Pi) sean at pidigital.co.uk
Fri Dec 4 01:06:43 EST 2020

Hi all,

I've got a CentOS7 server that I am printing reports from as PDFs. No
matter which font or style I use I get occasional anomalies where
characters from words get placed over each other like a kerning issue gone
mental.

Bad rendering:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/v09vacw8x3873qh/Screenshot%202020-12-04%20at%2005.53.47.png?dl=0

Good rendering:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/ehbdofm3nusgzyh/Screenshot%202020-12-04%20at%2005.54.08.png?dl=0

It's very random. Sometimes it's ok. the next report will come out bad.
There's no real pattern I can identify. I've been going at it for a few
days trying different font types and styles but they are all very hit and
miss. I can't work out if it is Cairo, Cups or something else. From the
print card dialogue I get the same issue. I'm so tired and frustrated from
trying to sort it out. Anyone have a fix/workaround/suggestion?

Sean Cole
*Pi Digital*