Strange behavior between Mysql, MariaDB and SSL.

matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de matthias_livecode_150811 at m-r-d.de
Thu Aug 27 12:09:27 EDT 2020

Heriberto,

i just tried the ODBC drivers from Oracle here with MacOS X and MariaDB.

If you would like i can list the needed steps:

1. download and install the drivers for your operating system

2. Open ODBC Manager on Mac, i am not sure how this is called in English for the Windows app, but if you search for ODBC in the search field of Windows you'll get the configuration tool listed.

3. Add a new User or System DSN. You can select between Ansi and Unicode driver

4.1 In the following configuration dialog enter a name for the DNS, e.g. HeribertoDSN
4.2 Add the Keyword 'SERVER' and add the name or the ip address of the DB Server as value, e.g. HeribertoDB
If the DB is not using the standard port, then please add the port also. e.g. 192.168.1.1:3308
4.3 Add the Keyword DATABASE and enter the name of the DB as value
There are several other keywords you can use. But the above are the basic ones you need.

now use
revOpenDatabase("odbc", "HeribertoDSN","HeribertoDB",dbUsername,dbPassword,)

replace dbUsername and dbPassword with the user credentials for the DB.

You could also add the keywords USERNAME and PASSWORD in the DSN configuration from step 4, but i would do that only for testing.

Btw. the documentation for the ODBC driver can be found here.

Regards,

Matthias Rebbe
Life Is Too Short For Boring Code