Cross Platform Font Layout - current workarounds

Bernard Devlin bdrunrev at gmail.com
Tue Aug 25 07:09:40 EDT 2020

I wondered how Java dealt with the issue of rendering fonts across
platforms. It seems they have (had) the same problems you are experiencing.

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/12202758/how-to-make-java-swing-application-has-a-consistent-font-in-windows-and-linux

https://stackoverflow.com/questions/11994407/using-java-to-develop-cross-platform-fonts-scaling-differently-on-different-pla

Those posts are 8 years old (that they've been viewed 1000s of times
suggests this is pain that was felt by many). Maybe things have changed for
the better in Javaland. But it's more likely that Java is less used for
desktop apps than it was 8 years ago. I know that I only use one Java app
across my computers.

Regards
Bernard

On Tue, Aug 25, 2020 at 5:03 AM Sean Cole (Pi) via use-livecode <