The Apple Ecosystem

Dev dev at porta.ca
Wed Aug 19 20:42:31 EDT 2020

https://www.ben-evans.com/benedictevans/2020/8/18/app-stores

I DON’T want to restart the flame war, but this post (long, but very informative & thoughtful) seems to me to shed light on all sides of the arguments around the App Store issues. He cuts through some of the rhetoric and a lot of the wishful thinking and supplies some real numbers on market share. He also touches on the EU rulings that seem destined to change some practices on either a voluntary or involuntary basis for major players.

I recommend a read, and if further discussion comes with a little more light and a lot less heat, then I would be very interested to hear that.

Kelly

Sent from the iPad