Old stack will not save or save as...

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Aug 19 12:41:34 EDT 2020

> Just a shot in the dark, suppress messages before opening?

Good guess, but no winner. However, your suggestion did put me on to the
answer.

The stack was set to "modeless". If I execute in the message box

save stack "XYZ" as "C:/Users/MyUser/Desktop/XYZ.livecode" -- no lock.
No error, but no save.

However, after I execute in the message box:

topLevel "XYZ" -- everything now works. The File save and save as menus
items as enable and behave correctly.

Why I can't save or save as a modeless stack in IDE is a mystery to me.

It is also a mystery to me how Bob suggesting "suppress messages" led my
brain to look at a stacks Modality, but it did, so thank you Bob!