Old stack will not save or save as...

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Aug 19 12:02:54 EDT 2020

Just a shot in the dark, suppress messages before opening?

Bob S

On Aug 19, 2020, at 8:34 AM, Paul Dupuis via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com<mailto:use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>> wrote:

I have a really old stack (the file ends in .mc for Metacard)

When I open it in LiveCode, the save and save as are disabled in the File menu. This us under Windows and the same in LC 4.6.4, LC 6.7.11 and in LC 9.6.0, the Save and Save As are enabled, but when I select the stack and try to Save As... it thinks it is saving "revRefactor" not my stack.

My stack opens and I can see and edit UI objects, properties and scripts. I just don't seem to be able to save it.

Just changing the extension to .rev or .livecode makes the stack unreadable in LC464, but it will still open in LC960, but still can save or save as (File menu items greyed out)

Anyone seen this? Know what to do?