ProtonMail vs Apple

Lagi Pittas iphonelagi at gmail.com
Fri Aug 14 15:06:13 EDT 2020

Hi Richard,

I didn't mean no marketing - it's like the folks that buy books about the
law of attraction and sit on their fata arses visualizing a BMW.

You can sit in your chair visualizing all you want but the BMW, and  bigger
house won't come to you if you don't get off your ass and meet the universe
halfway.

Same as winning the lottery - you have to have a ticket.

What I was saying is that the market on the Iphone is huge and in 1 place,
and if your program is any good it will make it big if Apple's editors pick
it.
or you at least try to JV with someone who is already there.

But good luck if your program does not have something that differentiates
from all the copycat wabnnabies.

Regards Lagi

On Fri, 14 Aug 2020 at 19:47, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Lagi Pittas wrote:
>
> > If you sell a $10,000  worth in the second year you get $8500 without
> > having to spend as much on advertising.
>
> Oh?
>
> The app store is a directory, not a substitute for marketing.
>
> Simply having one of a few million indistiguishably-uniform records in a
> database is insufficient to market a product.
>
> Relying on directly listing alone is the equivalent of any business
> choosing to do no marketing because they're in the phone book.
>
> I can't figure out where this notion that simply being in a directory is
> some sort of instant gold mine, but it may correlate with the number of
> answers provided here about anyone making more than $500 from ad revenue
> from apps, which was zero. ;)
>
> Mature businesses often have 2/3 to 3/4 of payroll in marketing and
> sales.  Startups can get by with half.  Less than that increases the
> odds of being one of the 60% of apps in the app store that never get
> downloaded at all.
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World Systems
>   Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web

KIndest Regards Lagi