Browser Widget and Twitter on iOS 13

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Thu Aug 13 13:35:58 EDT 2020

On 2020-08-13 18:30, Ralph DiMola via use-livecode wrote:
> That tester has both iPhone and iPad and I know there both running the
> same
> version of iOS. iPhone doesn't get the message but the iPad does. I
> will
> find out if there both up to the latest 13.x.x. (it flew out of my head
> after I heard they were running the same version)

So I'm pretty sure this has to be the userAgent string which any HTTP
client sends up as a header (User-Agent:?) as I don't think any other
browser-specific/OS-specific/device-specific information is transmitted.

If you can send the user an app with just a browser widget in it where
they can visit:

    https://www.whatismybrowser.com/detect/what-is-my-user-agent

On both the iPad and iPhone they have then at least it will show if
there *is* a difference between the two devices in terms of what
WKWebView is sending (can also compare with Safari on the devices too
which would either confirm or deny my suspicion about Safari not being a
wrapped WKWebView).

Warmest Regards,

Mark.

LiveCode: Everyone can create apps