Quick IDE question

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Wed Apr 29 09:48:53 EDT 2020

Hi Craig

The script editor is a stack just like any other so what you can do to a stack you can do to it.

To find the name of it you can type the following into the Message Box:

put the openstacks

That will show a list in the message box of all the stacks open including the stack you are working on, here “My great app” and all the UI currently opened UI stacks.

Message Box
revNewScriptEditor 1
My great app
revPropertyInspector 1
revInspector
revTools
Improve LiveCode Handler Finder
revMenuBar
com.livecode.palette.autocomplete.completions

If you have more than one SE or property inspector it numbers them.

i.e..

1. open new Script in a new window
2. open a property inspector for a second object

3. Type in message box "put the openstacks"

New listing

Message Box
revPropertyInspector 2
revInspector
My great app
revTools
revNewScriptEditor 1
revNewScriptEditor 2
Improve LiveCode Handler Finder
revMenuBar
revPropertyInspector 1
com.livecode.palette.autocomplete.completions

from the list of open stacks you can find the stack names so you can set their properties.

You can set stack properties like loc rect, height, etc.

You could make a small stack with buttons that set all your UI elements where you want them for each of your use cases and have them all fly to their respective positions and sizes.   Maybe someone has made a plugin like that.

Regards,

Martin Koob