Wildcard? replaceText, offset?

Rick Harrison harrison at all-auctions.com
Sun Apr 26 14:24:52 EDT 2020

I have a very long string.

In the middle-end part of the string I have “(x)” where x represents some integer.
it could be (4) or (10) or (5) etc.

I just want to replace the number inside the () with whatever other number I need to.

I have been trying to find an easy way to do this.  Ideally a wildcard character like ? or *
would probably do it, but after going through the dictionary and getting lost with
filter, matchText, …  I finally decided perhaps one of you could make a better
suggestion.  It seems like this one should be very easy, but it’s not so easy if you
don’t do this kind of thing all the time.

Thanks,

Rick