Mobile text input mystery

panagiotis merakos merakosp at gmail.com
Thu Apr 23 06:54:04 EDT 2020

Hello Graham,

*> but despite executing> >  mobileControlSet "FRadiusText",
"keyboardType", "numeric">  mobileControlDo "FRadiusText", "focus"> >
following what the  LC Dictionary says , I do not see the soft keyboard*

This will not work in LC 9.5.1 - it is an old bug that is fixed in LC 9.6
DP-3:

https://github.com/livecode/livecode/pull/7259

*>>nor does a subsequent*

*>  mobileControlGet "FRadiusText", "text"> ever result in anything but
empty even though I can see a text in the native field object.*

Are you calling mobileControlGet "FRadiusText", "text" from the same
handler that has created the mobile input field, or from a different one?

Kind regards,
Panos
--

On Wed, 22 Apr 2020 at 23:39, Graham Samuel via use-livecode <