Google Play Wants Us to Use Android App Bundle?

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Mon Apr 20 17:21:35 EDT 2020

Trying to upload the latest release of my app for Android

I rolled out the my app Google Play console

2 arm versions-together - v24
2 86 versions together - v25

Google Play accept the rollout (with a 7-day review disclaimer)   and says:

Warning:

This APK results in unused code and resources being sent to users. Your app could be smaller if you used the Android App Bundle. By not optimizing your app for device configurations, your app is larger to download and install on users' devices than it needs to be. Larger apps see lower install success rates and take up storage on users' devices.

Resolution:

Use the Android App Bundle to automatically optimize for device configurations, or manage it yourself with multiple APKs.

--------

How can we use " Android App Bundle"?

What does it do?

BR