What makes everything on a card unresponsive?

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Mon Apr 20 17:01:45 EDT 2020

Thanks Mark - I am very glad you reminded me of the way puts go into the console window. I knew about that once (two or three  years ago, when I last tried to do a mobile app) and just forgot about it. I have kind of emerged, blinking, into the light after being in the dark for a long time.

I also do the trick of having a “debug” scrolling field on the most frequently seen card, and I have a tiny handler which accepts text and puts it into the next line of the field. When the app goes live, I can remove all the calls to the handler or simply arrange for the handler to have nothing in its script - the speed hit on the kind of app I’m interested is negligible, I find. And I also use ‘answe'r in an emergency, tho of course it disrupts the flow of the app.

I think the remote debugger doesn’t work with Indy, but i’ll check.

By the way I traced down the actual problem I had when I wrote my original mail in this conversation, using the methods you mention. It seems to be something to do with a widget that’s supposed to provide a native-appearance switch. I have isolated it and can continue to work in other ways for a time.

Thanks very much for the input.

Graham