Simple 3D animation question

chipsm at themartinz.com chipsm at themartinz.com
Sat Apr 18 12:44:26 EDT 2020

Cell animation by Jim Lambeert
http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/857/Cel-Animation

-----Original Message-----
From: use-livecode <use-livecode-bounces at lists.runrev.com> On Behalf Of David Bovill via use-livecode
Sent: Saturday, April 18, 2020 7:26 AM
To: How to use LiveCode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com>
Cc: David Bovill <david.bovill at gmail.com>
Subject: Re: Simple 3D animation question

Thanks Rick - yes an icosahedrons wireframe is quite minimal. No opacity or shading needed at this stage. Livecode animation of the graphic object is certainly fast enough. It’s acceptable smooth enough - though not ideal due to lack of antialiasing (I think).

I could look around for some existing Javascriot based examples and look to control them through do as Javascriot calls to the browser widget - but I’d prefer more control over layering and blend modes.

Animation engine had some simple examples. I’m not sure about anything else?