Hijack the property inspector?

Ali Lloyd ali.lloyd at livecode.com
Wed Apr 15 12:30:17 EDT 2020

This is possible - you would need to look at how the datagrid does it:
https://github.com/livecode/livecode-ide/blob/develop/Toolset/resources/supporting_files/property_definitions/com.livecode.interface.classic.DataGrid.tsv

Each datagrid property uses a custom getter / setter defined in the IDE
library which does the right thing. You would have to tweak either the
'properties info' stuff in the ide library or perhaps add a frontscript
that intercepts revIDEExtensionPropertiesInfo and returns the array from
the revIDEExtensionLibrary implementation augmented with your custom data.
Alternatively you could use the inspectorData setProp handler of
revInspectorTemplate more directly.

It will be a little tricky I suspect, but definitely doable. We really
would like to add a way to make 'script widgets' - i.e. aggregate livecode
controls with script behaviors - but there are some technical hurdles to
overcome before that is possible (at least in a way that insulates them in
the same way as a widget is)

On Wed, 15 Apr 2020 at 15:42, Håkan Liljegren via use-livecode <