Hijack the property inspector?

hakan at exformedia.se hakan at exformedia.se
Wed Apr 15 10:42:31 EDT 2020

When building widgets we can quite easily “inject" the properties into the ordinary property inspector. I often build new controls out of LiveCode controls and mainly a group of controls. Currently I have my own system with my own tools palette for dragging them to the current card and my own “property” stack to handle some of the properties, but does anyone know if it is possible to use the standard property inspector instead?

As they are usually ordinary LiveCode groups (with some behavior script) it would be nice to be able to use the ordinary property inspector and just add some extra properties. Again in the same manner as a widget property works.

I found this blog post:

https://livecode.com/how-to-create-plugins-and-tools-with-the-livecode-8-0-ide/

That gives some hint but I can’t find how my controls should respond to the property inspector.

:-Håkan