MP3s

Richmond richmondmathewson at gmail.com
Sun Apr 12 14:07:47 EDT 2020

You are not ignorant . . .

And the sound import stuff in LiveCode is donkey's years out of date.

"Just for fun" I exported a sound file as WAV, AIFF and MP3 using Audacity"

WAV 36.9 MB

AIFF  36.9 MB

MP3  4.4 MB

which means that WAV and AIFF stink about 9 times more than MP3

NWO: as Audacity is Open Source: https://www.audacityteam.org/

and can import, read and export sound files in MP3 format . . .

the good folks at LiveCode central could leverage those bits of code to
do the same sort of thing
inwith LiveCode . . .

Of course, as the only kind of word that seems to motivate round those
parts nowadays seems to be "mobile"
I'll shout MOBILE. 8-)

Richmond.