Livecode and AWS Sql

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Sat Apr 11 19:11:35 EDT 2020

Same as on Windows, but the difference is that Microsoft has built in drivers for SQL Server, mySQL and some other things. The Mac does not. You have to download the ODBC Administrator (need the 64 bit version you know) and the drivers.

This is why I created my Socket based Client Server apps. I will have the server reside on a Windows computer where ODBC connections are easy and built in. Then I will have my Mac or Windows LC apps send queries via the socket apps.

Since they encrypt both ways, it’s secure as well, and I do not have to enable SSL on my mySQL server and futz with SSL certs.

Bob S