Old Fossil seeks fast track assistance

Graham Samuel livfoss at mac.com
Sat Apr 11 08:27:52 EDT 2020

Jaque thanks - this has not solved it yet, but i’m sure you’re on to something. When I delete the revStandaloneSettings, save the stack and re-open it, LC itself simply restores the set to what it was before. If I look closely at the actual properties in the set, I find quite a bit about Windows, Mac and Linux, but nothing at all about mobile platforms. I am wondering now if this is to do with licensing. According to my entry on the LC web site, my copy of 9.5.1 has a licence for six platforms, i.e.

Mac valid for all versions
Windows valid for all versions
Linux valid for all versions
iOS valid for all versions
Android valid for all versions
Server valid for all versions

BUT for some quirky reason, the LC web site shows I’ve got another copy of 9.5.1 where I have only HTML5 validity, and suggests I pay for the other platforms! As far as I know I really only have one licence, so that should now count for seven platforms. But maybe my prefs are based on the HTML-only licence - certainly the HTML button works in the Standalone Settings General window.

I’m not sure I can do anything about this without the mother ship, and they are presumably at home trying to enjoy their Easter holidays at home (It’s a four day weekend in the UK and there’s total lockdown), but I’ll try.

Thanks for the excellent suggestion - it’s a new path, anyway.

Stay safe

Graham