Apps to fight COVID-19

Mark Wieder ahsoftware at sonic.net
Fri Apr 10 21:16:33 EDT 2020

On 4/10/20 3:51 PM, Dar Scott Consulting via use-livecode wrote:
> Don't know what "list like that" you are referring to. Currently, Android (and maybe iOS, too, I don't know) requires Location as a prerequisite to using Bluetooth. My impression is that with the new API, this is not required. So, the list for any app is smaller.

Requiring location to be enabled for Bluetooth is a design decision.
Originally it was not required for Android, but your location can be
leaked by Bluetooth anyway (it has MAC addresses), so in later versions
of Android location permission has been a requirement if you're going to
enable Bluetooth, just to explicitly let the user know that their
location is not going to be private.

--
  Mark Wieder
  ahsoftware at gmail.com