Livecode and AWS Sql

Ralph DiMola rdimola at evergreeninfo.net
Fri Apr 10 10:56:11 EDT 2020

>From what I can see you will either need to install Xcode 11.4 or use a previous version of the ODBC SW. But I’m starting to get out of my comfort zone now. I do some Mac dev but I’m mainly a Windows developer.

Ralph DiMola

IT Director

Evergreen Information Services

rdimola at evergreeninfo.net

From: Skip Kimpel [mailto:skiplondon at gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, April 10, 2020 10:35 AM
To: How to use LiveCode
Cc: Ralph DiMola
Subject: Re: Livecode and AWS Sql

Unfortunately, I don't think it is that straight forward.  I went down this path already.  The files that you can download are Windows MSI installation files.  You can run it manually by using the following commands:

/usr/bin/ruby -e "$(curl -fsSL https://raw.githubusercontent.com/Homebrew/install/master/install)"

brew tap microsoft/mssql-release https://github.com/Microsoft/homebrew-mssql-release

brew update

HOMEBREW_NO_ENV_FILTERING=1 ACCEPT_EULA=Y brew install msodbcsql17 mssql-tools

However, when I run the last command, I get:

Error: Your Xcode (10.1) is too outdated.

Please update to Xcode 11.4 (or delete it).

Xcode can be updated from the App Store.

Do I really need Xcode in order to install SQL?  I also thought I read that I needed to Xcode 10.1 in order to be compatible with the latest version of LC.  Maybe I am wrong here.

SKIP