Video format for mobile

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Thu Apr 9 14:34:34 EDT 2020

Hi Richard, thats exactly what they did.

Now if only would could get a LC and CEF build with that. Do you think it
would be a lot of work to add the codec to LC player and a build of CEF to
go with it?

I got the licensing documents 2 years ago from MPEG-LA...... and had I
started to read them then...I would have just finished.

The good part is the MPEG-LA gives you 100,000 licenses free of charge, and
after that its also very cheap / user.

On Thu, Apr 9, 2020 at 2:27 PM Richard Gaskin via use-livecode <

> Tom Glod wrote:
>  > There is cisco's openh264 codec which they open sourced.  So that is a
>  > potential solution that would have to include the livecode team.
>  >
>  > https://github.com/cisco/openh264
>
> Super-cool, Tom. Thanks for posting that.
>
> It's an impressive work, both technically for its breadth of support and
> with its license, the permissive MIT-like BSD 2-Clause "Simplified"
> License.
>
> Curious about how they were able to pull that off without triggering the
> patent wrath of the MPEG-LA consortium, it seems Cisco wrote a large
> check and is absorbing the cost internally, not passing that cost on to
> users of the component:
>
> https://blog.mozilla.org/blog/2013/10/30/video-interoperability-on-the-web-gets-a-boost-from-ciscos-h-264-codec/
>
> This is how we can watch Netflix in Firefox, and many other things with
> proprietary and DRM content.
>
> Thanks, Cisco!
>
> --
>   Richard Gaskin
>   Fourth World Systems
>   Software Design and Development for the Desktop, Mobile, and the Web

Tom Glod
Founder & Developer
MakeShyft R.D.A (www.makeshyft.com)
Mobile:647.562.9411