Socket Help

Kee Nethery kee.nethery at elloco.com
Sun Apr 5 14:55:48 EDT 2020

Here’s how this should work.

Server has an IP and port number that it listens on. Client sends a packet from the same IP and some random port.

Computer routes the packet and it doesn’t have to send the packet out on the net. It goes out the client port and back in to the server port.

Server replies from its port to the client port (client is waiting for a reply).

Try talking to your server with a browser on your computer and see what the server response looks like.

Kee Nethery