Maximum field height?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Sun Apr 5 10:13:21 EDT 2020

J. Landman Gay wrote:

 > I have a field that reports a formattedheight of 125396. I want to
 > extend it to full height for use inside an enclosing scrolling group.

I see that method used in the Lesson on using a scroller for text as
well, but I've never understood why.  What is the advantage of putting
the field inside of a group rather than using the scroller with the
field directly?

 > But when I try to set the height to the formattedHeight, I get an
 > error: Value is not a number.

I think Paul has the answer there: groups have limit of 32,767px on
either axis.  That's about 30' on desktop systems so generally useful,
but when using them to contain a field sized for long text it can easily
be exceeded.

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems