Answer Dialog in Stack now

Erik Beugelaar e.beugelaar at me.com
Fri Apr 3 06:40:38 EDT 2020

Hi Bob,

Did you take into account the release notes (LiveCode 9.4) about Standalone Building?

StandaloneBuilding
The standalone builder has always needed to close the stacks it builds for reasons pretty deeplyin
grained in the code.

However this causes a few problems, for example:
- values in script locals become empty
- behaviors are broken when the parent script is on / in a stack which closes

As an attempt to improve this situation, the code that locks messages when closing and openingstacks for standalone builds has been removed.
This means that where previously mainstacks
would not receive any of the (pre)open* and close* messages (e.g. preOpenStack, openStack, openCard, closeStack etc) during standalone build, they now do.

If this causes problems for your stack, you can exit from the handler if standalone building is inprogress:

on closeStack
	if the environment is "development" and \
	there is a stack "revStandaloneProgress" and \
	the mode of stack "revStandaloneProgress" > 0 then
		exit closeStack
	end if
end closeStack

LiveCode 9.0.4 Release Notes 5/10/192