Guess encoding for text file...

Curry Kenworthy curry at pair.com
Tue Sep 17 18:45:05 EDT 2019

Paul:

 > I have a LiveCode Script (LCS) routine that attempts to
 > follow industry common algorithms for guessing the encoding
 > of a text file.
 > It's performance can be slower than I would like.

Howdy,

Even though LC 9 is exceedingly slow on some operations -(cough, cough,
ahem, that's a topic in itself)- HOWEVER, I believe it's quite capable
of satisfactory performance in this particular area without needing LCB,
much less C.

Pretty sure I can optimize your legacy routine to work just fine. It
simply wasn't designed for huge files, nor for LC 9's slow-mo loop
speed, but that could be easily remedied with a few tweaks!

Best wishes,

Curry Kenworthy

Custom Software Development
"Better Methods, Better Results"