LC Server UT08 Encode Error

Dar Scott Consulting dsc at swcp.com
Fri Sep 13 17:36:30 EDT 2019

When you Zap Gremlins, are you removing non-ASCII or converting to ASCII? Maybe you can do the same thing before saving to the db.

Codes 0xca 0x59 do form an invalid UTF-8 sequence. They are good letters in both Latin-1 and CP1252, so I'm not getting a hint.

Wild, wild guess... Are you using an accept-charset attribute in <form>? Maybe fiddling with that will help.