Browser selections

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Thu Sep 12 18:46:34 EDT 2019

Perhaps you wish to select the text (not getting the selected text
what is more difficult) of a textarea with id='j1" then you can do:

on mouseUp
   put 10 into selStart; put 20 into selEnd
   do "document.getElementById('j1')." & \
   "setSelectionRange("& selStart,selEnd &");" in widget "browser"
end mouseUp

p.s. My 'native' HTML5 field works also in a browser widget (it's more
difficult to realize because the widget has not as much features
available as a browser). I have it ready soon, may be in a few days.