Merge and unicode

J. Landman Gay jacque at hyperactivesw.com
Tue Sep 10 14:47:01 EDT 2019

:)
1. Jacque is very confused too, but is afraid of big sticks.
2. Encoding should be identical throughout. I'm working with a large
text block, pulling out sections to create a list. All data is retrieved
from othe same variable, which is UTF16 native LC text.
3. The metadata is only set at the "paragraph" level, which I need
instead of "line" because there is a soft return in each entry.
4. I did try to textDecode the metadata, but since it was already
decoded in the source, decoding came out as garbage. I even tried
encoding it too, knowing it wouldn't work, and I was right.

Solution: urlEncode the metadata before merging, and urlDecode after
retrieval. When my example is urlEncoded it becomes a simple string:
PP04_The+%D2Mystery%D3+of+Marriage

I suppose anything that makes ascii out of the text would work, like base64.

Jacqueline Landman Gay         |     jacque at hyperactivesw.com