Using LiveCode & AppleScript to make mouse selection in another Mac application

Martin Koob mkoob at rogers.com
Thu Sep 5 17:00:50 EDT 2019

Hi

Are you wanting to moved object or a UI element to a new location which you would normally do with a mouse drag?  If so the application you are trying to script may have a ‘move' command.  Open the dictionary for the application you are scripting in the AppleScript Script Editor application and check whether  it has a move command.   I just checked and System Events has move in its dictionary as well as Finder and Calendar.   Would this achieve what you are trying to do?  I haven’t used this command so can’t give you any more info than this but I seems it would work in some cases.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Martin Koob