iOS + UIWebView = Denied!

Mark Waddingham mark at livecode.com
Tue Sep 3 01:22:59 EDT 2019

On 2019-09-03 06:06, Dan Friedman via use-livecode wrote:
> So, I uploaded an update to TestFlight today, and this is what I got
> from Apple:
>
> ITMS-90809: Deprecated API Usage - Apple will stop accepting
> submissions of apps that use UIWebView APIs . See
> https://developer.apple.com/documentation/uikit/uiwebview for more
> information.
>
> Anyone know what this is about?  I'm guessing the LC Browser Widget is
> now invalid/deprecated?

Not quite yet - it is just a warning at this point - you can still
submit your
app and it will be accepted.

We have been aware of this for a while (although, as usual Apple give
precious
little warning about when the axe will fall) and have been working hard
on adding
a WKWebView (the non-deprecated replacement) backend to the browser
widget which
will solve the problem.

Warmest Regards,

Mark.