Fun with the templateimage

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Thu Oct 31 11:00:14 EDT 2019

Or better yet: -- No error checking, assumes parameters are correct. Also not tested. :-)

on exportScaledImage pSourceFile, pDestFile, pScaleFactor, pFormat
   ## My good ol' banana, older users of MC might remember that one :-D
   set the filename of the templateimage to pSourceFile

   ## This was a know (to me) feature
   put the formattedwidth of the templateimage into tFW
   put the formattedheight of the templateimage into tFH
   ## Now you can apply some "rule of three" to scale the image while preserving its ratio
   ## I'll leave that up to you... :-)

   ## I cheated a bit:
   set the width of the templateimage to round(tFW * (pScaleFactor /100))
   set the height of the templateimage to round(tFH * (pScaleFactor /100))

   ## But this one really suprised me:
   switch pFormat
      case "JPEG"
         export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as JPEG
         break
      case "BMP"
         export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as BMP
         break
      case "PNG"
         export the templateimage to file (pDestFile) as PNG
         break
   end switch

   reset the templateimage
end exportScaledImage

> On Oct 30, 2019, at 13:13 , Klaus major-k via use-livecode <use-livecode at lists.runrev.com> wrote:
>
> Hi all,
>
> we know that "the templatexxxxxx" is a very helpful thingie.
>
> But I was really surprised that we can even EXPORT something
> from the templateimage until I tried this:
<snip>