drag'n'drop in text fields

hh hh at hyperhh.de
Mon Oct 28 19:55:08 EDT 2019

Hi Klaus.

>> I wrote:
>> on dragDrop
>>   if "files" is among the keys of the dragData then
>>     put line 1 of the dragData["files"] -- or whatever
>>   end if
>> end dragDrop
>>
>> on dragEnter
>>   set the dragAction to "copy"
>> end dragenter

> You wrote:
> .. also tried that, but then the pathname does not appear in the field.
> I want to:
> Drag'n'Drop a file into the field -> works without scripting
> The pathname appears in the field and is definitively selected!

Three remarks.

1. the filename ends up in the message box if you dont use the "whatever" ;-)
2. textchanged is also a script ;-)
3. Your method doesn't work for locked fields, the following does:

on dragDrop
  if "files" is among the keys of the dragData then
    put line 1 of the dragData["files"] into fn
    focus on me; put the selectedChunk into sc
    put fn into the selection
    if sc is not empty then select char (word 2 of sc) to \
          (word 2 of sc +len(fn)-1) of me
  end if
end dragDrop

on dragEnter