callbacks in Mac video player?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 28 19:16:22 EDT 2019

hh wrote:
 >> Richard G. wrote:
 >> The Dictionary says callbacks still work on macOS, but it
 >> also says they're supported on Linux, where I don't recall
 >> callbacks ever being supported, and for several years video
 >> playback doesn't work at all.
 >> I can't make callbacks work on macOS Catalina using v9.5.
 >> Should they?
 >
 > Yes. But they don't. Use 8.1.10 or 9.0.5.

Thanks.  Unfortunately the reason I'm looking into this is to replace an
old component dependent on 32-bit macOS, now that many are "upgrading"
to Catalina.

::sigh::

I searched the bug DB, but couldn't find the report for this.  Do you
know offhand what it's titled?

If we can't find a way to do video callbacks in LC our plan is to
rewrite the app in HTML for the web.

I hear FileMaker users think video callbacks are really important....

;)

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems