Bug from 2014 - still causing problems

Iphonelagi iphonelagi at gmail.com
Fri Oct 25 17:51:03 EDT 2019

hi Jacque

Yes, In the end Todd bit the bullet and did it with the native field on both iOS and Android ... now for the testing and inevitable quirks.

this  lesson gave initial food for thought

http://lessons.livecode.com/m/4069/l/29112-how-do-i-use-native-text-controls-on-mobile

But  a newbie learning LC will look at it as broken, and the idea is to make the learning curve easier. The other thing Is others will get  bitten in the bum when you leat expect it. We tested both on IOS and android but never used delete on adroid for over a year ... I suppose cos you don’t expect that to fail.

Still there is no excuse for not fixing something for 5 years  that doesn’t even need a recipe.

The bug which Klaus commented on will frustrate even more people when they try to get their buttons looking how they want and finding the settings don’t work as they should.

<here endeth the sermon>

Lagi

Sent from my iPhone