Signing, Notarizing, and Stapling and macOS versions

Paul Dupuis paul at researchware.com
Wed Oct 23 08:49:36 EDT 2019

LiveCode 9xx is supported on macOS Maveriks (10.9) and up

Catalina (10.15) requires Notarized DMG or App to be allowed to open/run

I have discovered that a Notarized and Stapled DMG works on Catalina and
Mojave (10.14), but presents an error when trying to open on El Capitan
(10.11).

Does anyone have a definitive list of macOS versions from 10.9 and up by
signed - notarized - stapled and what works so I don't have to develop
one myself? I can not find thi at Apple. 10.12 is min OS to "staple" on
and 10.13 the min to notarize, but that is form a building it, rather
than using it.

So far I have: [Signed is "code signed only")
OS    Signed    Notarized    Stapled
10.9    Works    Untested    Fails
10.10
10.11