My old man vs LC Standalone

Tom Glod tom at makeshyft.com
Mon Oct 21 22:39:40 EDT 2019

Hi guys,

My father and I have gotten to talking recently and I shared with him the
product I will the launching (shortly).  My dad father is a kind of white
hat hacker and loves the challenge of it.

My software will have a 30 day trial.  He wants to help me by testing how
hard it will be to produce a cracked version of my software.

He told me some hints about his approach...... he is an expert at assembly
language and keeps it simple..........he's kept up the skill even though he
uses C++ and PHP for his work.

But he has never seen livecode before.

He challenged me to stop him..... I know that if he spends enough hours, it
can be done.

My target market is not people who would have the skill to hack the
software.  THe price point is not worth the effort.    My target market, in
general, would not bother.  So I haven't bothered to go nuts in securing my
trial mechanism.

But......I feel like I have to at least try and win. :D

I'm not asking for advice on how to do it, but my question is more general
about LC..... since its not widely known.... does it put me at a
disadvantage or an advantage or neither?  Standalione will be 9.05 indy.

I'm having a great time so far ...lol..this is gonna be fun.

--
Tom Glod
Founder & Developer