AWS S3 support: docs?

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Mon Oct 21 15:02:45 EDT 2019

Mark Wieder wrote:
> On 10/21/19 11:11 AM, Richard Gaskin via use-livecode wrote:
>> Brian Milby wrote:
>>
>>  > On Oct 21, 2019, 1:33 PM -0400, Richard Gaskin wrote:
>>  >> Where is this library documented?
>>  >
>>  > I see the commands documented in the dictionary (9.5 Business, not
>>  > sure about other editions).
>>
>> Thanks, Brian.  I use LC mostly on Linux, so although I have an Indy
>> license and the S3 lib is available in the Indy edition, LC for Linux
>> hasn't had a functional browser object for years (nor video/audio player
>> and a few other platform-parity features), and since the docs now
>> require a browser I have to use the one at the web site, which is
>> apparently limited to the Community edition language tokens. :(
>>

> http://livecodeshare.runrev.com/stack/825/TinyDictionary
>
> hint: you can set the 4WDevo 'Dictionary' button to invoke
> tinyDictionary and then always have the proper up-to-date dictionary
> available.

That 4wDevo sounds very handy! :)

But as for the content in the many dictionaries floating around, do they
include LC's proprietary Indy and Business content along with the
GPL-governed content from the Community Edition?

Are the docs in the proprietary editions handled under separate license
from the rest of the package?

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems