iOS 13.1.3 - Catelina

Sannyasin Brahmanathaswami brahma at hindu.org
Fri Oct 18 23:59:57 EDT 2019

We are in software no-man's land… the last three days, mired in technical mud

1. Play beachball with Adobe InDesign (app hangs on every 10 key strokes, and you move to a new tool) Spent 2 hour screen sharing with a very savvy lad in New Delhi. No Go....

2. iPhone pestering for an upgrade. I finally gave in. iOS 13.1.3   and now my iTunes and Audio library on the phone are missing!

3. Now about to release our app... just filing our iTunes submission forms, getting new screen shots... but now the mobileAudioPlayer controller has  disappeared on the Listen Module... in iOS 13.1.3.

Argh... other functions work, can play the audio, download it, when I place a translucent backdrop on the screen (we are using black for this module) when I download an audio... I see the player controller is there, but just like a black field, no play/pause forward  or back control

Look at 9.5 release notes. iOS 13+ plus is not supported, and only Mojave.

Only two weeks out from the Jan 2020 deadline for Hinduism Today... we have team meeting tomorrow: I suspect we will have bit the bullet (we never upgrade this soon!) and to get Indesign working we have all have to move Catelina.

Apple! "catch us if you can"

A hard game to play...

Brahmanathaswami