Primary Student Livecode Interface (Simplified Developer Interface)

Richard Gaskin ambassador at fourthworld.com
Thu Oct 10 15:01:56 EDT 2019

Three years ago I spent several months researching both the learner
experience and how to fund, document, and market a UI specifically for
young learners based on LiveCode Community Edition.

Many of the readers here may recall phone conversations and emails with
them during my information-gathering phase.

I had to set the project aside because funding proved difficult.  I hope
to return to it as my own resources allow me to resume the arduous
funding process.

The UI part of it was based around levels, but less like HyperCard's,
and more like what you're looking for.  HC's user levels were based
around authoring capabilities by role, while my EDU design used them
more like gaming levels for pedagological reasons.

I discussed this project as part of the second half of my Community
Keynote at the last LC conference, for those of you who have access to
them (I've asked that my community talks be made available publicly, but
I can understand that it's not be a high priority).

I'm up to my armpits in commercial development at the moment, but am
eager to return to this EDU project as soon as funding makes the effort
viable. Anyone seriously interested in contributing to the efforts to
help find funding for such a system is welcome to email me at ambassador
AT fourthworld.com

--
  Richard Gaskin
  Fourth World Systems