Catalina

Bob Sneidar bobsneidar at iotecdigital.com
Wed Oct 9 12:02:15 EDT 2019

It's a good point. If any commercial developers using LC (or ANY dev environment) are going to have issues with Catalina, it might be a good idea to mail blast them and warn them if your app is not going to be compatible, and even provide a general time frame for when they will be.

Also, I think the advice to make sure a full backup is made before a major OS update cannot be overstressed. Customers who fail to do this and then find that not only are LC 32 bit apps not going to run but a LOT of other apps won't either, and then have no way to revert, really need to bear some responsibility for this.

I know that is not something you can tell a customer, but this issue is not unique to LC, so everyone who uses a computer at all, should already be aware of the issues that can arise when upgrading an entire OS.

Bob S