Where do we want LiveCode to go? (was "Re: Where LiveCode is Now")

JJS jjs at krutt.org
Tue Oct 8 14:37:07 EDT 2019

If you watch the movie a bit on the link i posted about the webapps, it
is quite interesting. Superfast loading, works on all platforms, on all
browsers. Pages and applications. Works even Offline via caches. All
your work is synced when going online again (in case you have a bad
connection or whatever).

People adjust to speed, once you have a faster system with SSD for
example and you go back to your previous computer which is slower, slow
networking, slow harddrive etcetera, you get irritated quickly. So
that's why i say, the HTML5 export is a nice thing to experiment, but no
visitor is going to return after the first time of long waiting, not
even if the 2nd time is somewhat quicker.

So i think Progressive Webapps is going to be the next leading thing and
not only because Google wants it, but because it's already majorly
supported by all webbrowsers.

Maybe this could be a new feature for LC server and apps. Just a wild
thought.